The following is taken from Mick Terry’s 1999 statement about his experiences in Scientology. He took some lower level courses but ran into trouble. He was unwise enough to admit to have an errant suicidal thought for one thing; for another he entered the world of loons where in-group slang and pseudo technical babble have seemingly replaced English. This story contains all the jargon that is dear to the heart of hard-core Scientology watchers; for the rest of humanity it represents a bedlam of confusion, conflicting agendas and finally, a more easily understood breach of confidence.
Shared w/ Ron (auditor in auditing session), Randy K. & George D. about incident when I had thought about suicide upon breakup of marriage, how my life became spiritually oriented as a result, & how I know suicide will never be an option for me.
– Several hour session w/ Cory Brenan (Director of Special Affairs), who tried to get me to sign legal statement specifically concocted for me to cover Scientology’s butt due to above incident. I felt outraged that confidentiality had been violated, despite the fact that the account was taken out of context & distorted out of proportion. Cory offered to have my attorney review the paper. I told her I knew my attorney would tell me to never sign such a fabrication, besides having already signed extensive waivers & disclaimers before Personal Efficiency course.
– Removed from Purif at Montrose after 30 days due to no wins & inconsistencies of food & sleep.
– Extensive reading of Scientology Ethics, other books & word clearing. Several interviews. It was insisted that my roommates were Suppressive Persons & I was a Potential Trouble Source from two comments taken out of context & blown entirely out of proportion.
– To re-enter Purif, I requested CCI. Upon receiving my folder, CCI turned me down. When asked why, at first I was told because one had to take courses where one had paid. When I mentioned the Klofler-Petit agreement, they then said the reason could not be divulged over phone. When I asked to come in, they said they could not discuss it because folder had been returned to Valley. No one would ever tell me why I was refused at CCI, except that it was something in my folder (probably the afore-mentioned incident, taken totally out of context). . .
– When it was deemed I was PTS, several sessions w/ Frank Norton (Ethics – Master at Arms) were required.
– Realized I was PTS to my mother. Sat for hours in Ethics trying to write Overts & Withholds regarding my mother, but could not come up w/ anything except what she had done against me.
– Frank N. said I needed to take PTS/SP course & could do no more auditing or courses until completed.
– Since still w/ no job & highly in debt, could not afford.
– ASHO called, saying Frank N. was wrong & I could do auditing. Had me writing Overts & W/H while Triffen or Nathaniel sat across from me, at first reading everything & then only occasionally after I wrote something. Often nothing would come to me & I would fall asleep. I noticed that they would also get very drowsy.
I think most people would get drowsy after going through all of this pointless and inane verbiage that was doled out to Mick Terry. All of it designed to cover up the fact that beyond taking your money Scientology has damn little to offer anyone. To read the rest of this story go here: http://mickterry.com/mtscientology.html
Here is a video clip of a young woman who figured out what Scietnology is all about.